Where did the skype volume go!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Where did the skype volume go!

I just got the new update today for skype and i've noticed that one thing is missing!

The volume changer isn't there anymore. Before you could change the volume of the call now it's not there anymore. I was wondering if it was moved somewhere? or just taken off completly.

troybolton23
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (3,867 Views)

Re: Where did the skype volume go!

They hid it. But it is still there.

If you look on the Call Window, and if you move your mouse into it, you will see a bunch of options magically appear at the bottom. One of these toward the right, looking like a pipe organ or something equally obscure, is an icon representing "Call Quality Information". If you can manage to click on this icon while it is visible, then you will be treated to a non-standard, immovable tabbed dialog that gives you a bunch of wonderful options. This dialog will probably pop up right in front of the video image but do not let that slow you down. Stop and read the options at the top, like Microphone, Speakers, Webcam, Computer and Connection. Then try to remember what you were looking for...

In your case it's probably Speakers. It will probably tell you that your Speakers seem to be Working Fine. Ignore that. Then look around for a slider bar with a blue button. If you grab that blue button with your mouse then you can simply adjust the volume and listen to your friends voice in blissful comfort.

That is, if they have not already hung up on you. In reality, you might find it more expedient to just ask them to speak up.

So troybolton23, sorry if this response is overly long. It was really meant for the Skype Gods. Just hope they are listening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
cedarviola
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 4 (3,775 Views)

[ Edited ]

I too noticed the volume control had moved from the front panel.  I have to say though that I use the volume control quite a bit especailly in landline-based conference calls where one participant on a landline may have lower volume than others.  To have it moved from the front panel to the background has for me, not been a product improvement!  Mute and Volume control are my 2 most used features. :mansad:

"Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time."
Chinese Proverb
johnsbroadbent
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (3,695 Views)

That is strange(or not), this happened right around the time MS pulled a corp takeover of Skype. I swear they aim drive us crazy on purpose! Obviously not an improvement.

"Thou shalt not be equipped to properly operate thy computer!"

schmirk
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (3,303 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling