Where are pictures I take on Skype stored on my C ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Where are pictures I take on Skype stored on my C drive?

[ Edited ]

I'm using Windows 7.  Whenever i take a picture on skype i dont know where it gets sent to. Like when you are video calling someone and you take a picture, it brings up a screen that says like screenshots or something. Is it possible to access those like going into My computer and the C drive? or someother way? Basically, i want to print some pictures so i need to find where the picture is saved to. thanks!

mark92024
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (153,008 Views)

Re: Where are pictures I take on Skype stored on my C drive?

You can see the snapshots you take by clicking on View > Snapshot gallery.  Then clicking on any photo will expand that photo and provide a link to "Locate" the gallery.

If you want to go directly to the folder where the photos are stored, hold the Windows key and type r.  In the window that comes up type %appdata%\Skype\Pictures <enter>.   The Skype photos will be in the \Pictures folder.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 937
Message 2 of 9 (152,992 Views)

I think the question was in what folder are the image files stored. I for one wanted to know that as well. Just a simple C:\Users\[USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Pictures would have been sufficient. (replace [USERNAME] with whatever it is on your machine).

mgroothuis
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (141,729 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the lecture (in reply to a thread almost a year old), but while the path you provided works for some version of Windows, using the Windows Key + r and entering %appdata%\Skype\Pictures takes you to the folder where the photo files are stored in all versions of Windows.  :wink:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 937
Message 4 of 9 (141,709 Views)

If you take a picture, you a new window will pop up with the picture.  If you look at the lower right corner, you will see a box marked "locate"   Click that. 

Now my problem is that I want to change where the pictures are saved.  Any help?

yaakovwatkins
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (115,254 Views)

OR you can not do all of the confusing crap above...login to skype click 'VIEW' in the TOP LEFT CORNER and 5 OVER then click 'SNAPSHOTS GALLERY' when your gallery comes up click on any of your photoes then your photo will come up then click 'LOCATE' in the BOTTOR RIGHT corner and it will bring up the folder where your photoes are on your computer 

christinee.dext
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (98,592 Views)

It worked for me! I found where my skype folder was located. Thx :happy:

helpme321
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (96,896 Views)

Posted from Generic J2ME Midlet
samanabad
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (74,994 Views)

It is confusing
Posted from Android 4.2
soleda
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (74,228 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling