What the hell???

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

What the hell???

Why have you guys done this??? Now I don't get my hotmail notifications.

Skype has ruined everything!

Please do something otherwise I will be forced to commit suicide :(n): :(n): :(n):

Donbona
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (193 Views)

Re: What the hell???

Skype is an IM application, not email mamagement.

I know WLM may have done this, but get with the times - Skype is Skype.

gary_dexter
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 10 (167 Views)

But I dont use skype..... been using instant messenger for years. This was working great for me.

Everyone else is complaining too. If skype is good for you then great. Sucks for me

Donbona
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (162 Views)

I don't understand than - how has Skype ruined anything for you if you are not using it?

gary_dexter
Reliable Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (154 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have same problem... You said: " if you merge your Skype account with your Microsoft account, all your Messenger buddies will appear in your Skype contact list automatically." It's not true. I can't transfer my contact list. I have only my Skype contact. I cant log into my emails, check them or send any now.

watwat
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (140 Views)

Make sure they are switched on in the contacts list.

When in Skype, click on Contacts in the menu bar, go to Contacts List and click on All.

Your email is not linked into skype - you need to sign into MS's website to view it

gary_dexter
Reliable Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (135 Views)

gary_dexter wrote:

I don't understand than - how has Skype ruined anything for you if you are not using it?

Because instant messenger forces you to upgrade to skype

Donbona
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (127 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply Gary. I have sign in MS and went in Contacts list and click on All. Some how it added few of my contacts from MSN but not all. Is it because they are not connected?

watwat
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (124 Views)

watwat wrote:

Thank you for your reply Gary. I have sign in MS and went in Contacts list and click on All. Some how it added few of my contacts from MSN but not all. Is it because they are not connected?

Could be if they are offline.

Try clicking Contacts, Hide contact who - and check if Offline is ticked - if so click it to untick it to make sure they all appear

gary_dexter
Reliable Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (108 Views)

Correct - Windows Live Messenger has been discontinued.

I still fail to see your argument or make sense of your original post

gary_dexter
Reliable Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (106 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling