Webcam problems with the skype 6.0.0.126 update

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Webcam problems with the skype 6.0.0.126 update

I was informed this moring that my skype updated itself ok fine cool..now I cant you my ps3 eye as a webcam I can use the mic in it just fine but not the camera bit.I contacted skype live person gave me a few things to try did it came back and said my webcam drivers must be out dated..drivers are not out dated at all..told me to click on check setting and I should be shown a drop down menu to select my webcam ya I have to been able to do that since the update before this one it was one of the 5. somethings u could do that with..I want to know is anyone else having problems with their webcams not working due to this update?.

L-K-B
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (2,722 Views)

Re: Webcam problems with the skype 6.0.0.126 update

I have same problem. "Tools->Options->Settings" brings up a live video image that I can supposedly change color settings but I leave the settings of "let chat contacts see my video" and click ok. But nothing shows up on main screen and all my video contacts that I have used in the past have "video Chat" button greyed out.

This first started today when I was actually using it to video chat. When I first went to settings I could see my video for about 1 minute and then I got a message that some other application was using the video (none found) and the video was gone.

I downloaded new Skype, I downloaded new drivers and DirectX. I finally got the video back to the "Settings" page but nothing on the chat pages.

OlderDaze

OlderDaze
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (2,703 Views)

Skype 6.0 doesn't seem to be compatible with the PS3Eye. I downgraded Skype and my camera is working again fine. You can get the previous version from here: http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php

puppet
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (2,687 Views)

Thanks. I don't have a PS3Eye but it's nice to have the address of older versions of Skype.

My problem seems to have fixed itself - maybe I rebooted and started Dell Webcam Central first off. Video came up, I was able to same some photos and then Skype came up and found the camera also. Not really clear what did the trick.

OlderDaze
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (2,678 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling