Virus - sending message automatically...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Virus - sending message automatically...

I have a problem with some kind of virus.. It sends messages every 15 minutes to all my friends on Skype. The message looks like "oh! That is awesome www.facebook.com.........".

When I'm talking with my friends it also happens and skype turns of every 15 minutes.

I scanned my computer two times, I deleted Skype and downloaded it again, I even got new skype account but it doesn't work..

Help me please.

gosiarkaa1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (15,745 Views)

Re: Virus - sending message automatically...

[ Edited ]

did you link your skype account with a facebook account?

[btw, did you hear of "awesome" on facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/what-are-you-doing-Oh-just-being-awesome/117753424916183 ]

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 620
Message 2 of 11 (15,593 Views)

no :sad: I didn't link my skype with facebook...that's why I don't know what's going on..

[btw. good one:happy:]

gosiarkaa1
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (15,587 Views)

Use a different computer, maybe a friend's one, and log in with your original and your secondary user account. If the problem does not happen there, I'd share your diagnosis that your own pc has a virus/trojan/malware. In this case turn to a virus/trojan/malware forum to get assistance.

kicks-mobil
Explorer
Message 4 of 11 (15,583 Views)

No I am not connected to facebook. I received a file : very funny video and could not open it.. Then I noticed this is a virus. After a few days now all my contact get funny pictures
irdavos
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (15,350 Views)

Thank you, I will try that, do you think I have to close the account?
irdavos
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (15,349 Views)

irdavos wrote: After a few days now all my contact get funny pictures

i guess your skype conneections were used for transfer, but the host of the virus is not your account, but your pc. on a clean pc, you might continue using your account.

kicks-mobil
Explorer
Message 7 of 11 (15,345 Views)

irdavos wrote:
Thank you, I will try that, do you think I have to close the account?

In addition to kicks-mobile's advice, if you feel competent to disinfect your PC yourself (rather than hiring a pro to do it), see this link for help in the cleanup process:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 8 of 11 (15,339 Views)

MASS MESSAGE- WARNING MUST READ SKYPE VIRUS:
Hey guys, I know this isn't really the right place to put this but i just want to spread the word around.
There is a new virus that is going around on skype right now.
What it does is once you click the link it sends the link to all your friends in skype.
It also installs a backdoor into your computer, And keyloggers and other files.
It blocks deletion of the virus, Cmd and taskman. This thing spreads like wild fire, I already have 30 friends infected with it.
not my friends The virus will send a mass message like this Quote: lol is this your new profile pic? (Link)img=Your Skype Username Do not click the link,
The only known way to remove this as of now is to find it (which is pretty hard considering that it remakes the virus and binds it to everything in sys32)
Or find an anti virus that it hasn't blocked that will pick it up.
If you see someone sending the links i would advise to remove them.
UPDATE: Turns out that once you click the link
Sometimes it will download a rar, if it did that you still arent safe as it downloads many more auto run backdoors as soon as you click the link.
Also the spreader is hidden in the app data, You can delete it from there you still aren't safe.
From what i know that will only stop you from sending the link to others, But you still have the backdoor in your computer.
People that i know that have been infected with this have had all there accounts hijacked. From what i know the backdoor has a keylogger that sends all logins made and saved to a main host.
In this case the guy who made the virus. If you really want to be safe wipe your drive, As of now we dont know if it binds itself to files on the computer.
About the meggae I sent everybody, send it to everybody in your contacts, and run a full antivirus scan.
-Go onto skype -Go to tools -Go to advanced -Right at the bottom it should say "Manage other programs access to skype" -Check all of them and remove any ones your not sure about.
If you have clicked the link you are infected, by doing this it wont remove the virus but stop it from spreading. Watch this video, its about the virus.
There is alot of question, on can macs get this? Answer: macs can get viruses.
The? virus is designed for one or the other.
More people design viruses for PC because traditionally there are more around,
so they can infect more computers. As far as I know this was designed for PC,
you would be the firs mac i heard of infected so probably you're not.
Ask your Friend for a gyazo screenshot of your account sending it as proof.
he's probably trying to bug you.
- Source YouTube & Common Sense

Spikay
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (13,129 Views)

Go to this link and follow the descriptions (sorry for my bad english) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv_wismMyxs

ludde_9812
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (12,542 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling