View Old Conversations?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

View Old Conversations?

I've been using Skype for two or three years now and have made many different Group Conversations in that time. However, I can't see all of the Group Conversations anymore, even when I click "Show Earlier Messages." Is there a way that I can get Skype to show me ALL of the older group conversations? I am willing to buy Premium or otherwise spend a bit of money if it means I can access these older group conversations.

AmandaWrenn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,999 Views)

Re: View Old Conversations?

All your chat messages are only saved localy on this computer which has been used for chatting.

You can download this free application – SkypeLogView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

With SkypeLogView you should be able to see all Skype messages saved on your computer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6326
Message 2 of 5 (3,994 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

However, I've used that, and it brings up the messages, though out of order and all over the place. I have so many messages, too, that it takes literally hours for all of them to come up, and during that time, I cannot use the computer or it may freeze up, which forces me to start the computer all over again. So, while this tool does what it is supposed to, it is difficult and unorganized. I was hoping that Skype allowed us to view older conversations. I know the messages still exist, and that the groups still exist, but I cannot see them. I can get to some of them by typing in some letters that are in the name of the Skype conversation, but that's tedious and may not show me all of the older group conversations.

AmandaWrenn
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (3,977 Views)

Skype should allow viewing all old conversations saved on your computer, but your problem might be that the old group conversations are not automatically added to your Contact List.

When you eventually find one of these old group conversations, right click on this group name and select “Save Group in Your Contacts”.

Be also aware that Group Contacts are on shown in the Contact List when you select the “All” view option.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6326
Message 4 of 5 (3,971 Views)

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your time.

What is the "All" option that you speak of? When I go to the "View," it does not have an "All" option. If I could just view "All" group conversations, that would solve my problem completely. But it will only show some of them, ones that are more "recent." However, as I've said, I've been using Skype for nearly three years now and there are some group conversations that are about that age, some even just a year old, and I cannot see them just by looking at the Group Conversations list. I have to try to remember their name and type it in the "search" box and hope that it shows all of them.

AmandaWrenn
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (3,923 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling