Re: Video snapshot button in Skype 5.5.0.113

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

new version is really wasting our time. We cant get a snap shot easily. Please developers must looking to this. This GUI is not user friendly.. Please some how put the snapshot button or keyboard shortcut in to new version of skype.... Please.....
ishansasanka
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 43 (9,029 Views)

Yes, PLEASE give us a shortcut key! I was trying to take pix of my kids who are a thousand miles away and it took too long!

I'm glad to have found this thread so at least I only have to use two mouse clicks instead of going through the menu, but it's dumb to have to go through a menu at all - please give us back a single button or a shortcut key!

Thanks.

sblake
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 43 (8,876 Views)

sblake wrote:

take pix of my kids who are a thousand miles away took too long

If you dont want to wait for a new version which eventually might correct the issue (or will not, who knows?), you may create a script as workaround.

1. Give the Skype video window of the connection with your children an optimal size, do not resize it later.

2. Install autohotkey.com/download

3. Use its built in "Windows spy" to find out the coordinates of the mouse cursor on the + button and on the "take a picture" button in the Skype video window.

4. Customize the following script snapshot.ahk accordingly in Notepad/ Editor.

#s::
IfWinExist NAME-OF-YOUR-CONTACT
WinActivate
MouseMove, 306, 971
Click 306, 971
Click 292, 849
return

5. Make snapshots by simultaneously pressing Windows key + s key.

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 639
Message 13 of 43 (8,855 Views)

its good to know that i am not the only one having problems with the video snapshot key,please take a look into this issue and we will be grateful,the suggestions isnt that helpful though..T_T..

nevr0se26
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 43 (8,612 Views)

hawrebahram50
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 43 (8,592 Views)

Why do you have to bury the Snapshot button?  When you have a forum thread full of people asking why, where and what... 

Just put it on the menu bar as a stand alone button plus a hot key combination and get it over with!

Please?

Weatherman
Tourist
Message 16 of 43 (8,549 Views)

This is a major step back in User Experience. Please let's have the direct on-screen button back.

Yoeri
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 43 (8,419 Views)

this is a big issue for me because i sometimes like to take a bunch of pics at once to make GIFs n stuff like that things don't turn out so good when i needa click and hover around to a next button then click again
Protographer
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 43 (8,347 Views)

Please, its a really missing feature. Same thing with the volume button to mute the other person :/

legionaer85
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 43 (8,318 Views)

So to sum this up:

This "user-friendlyness" is not online for almost two months. The community has complained about this since the first day of the release. And up to this date nothing has changed.

Usually i'm not a Microsoft flamer, but it's suprisingly to see that this change goes life almost at the same time Skype announced the contract with microsoft and up to date - thanks to microsoft - this hasn't changed...

PLEASE Developers, get a better UX Team, provide a one click screenshot solution (at least via a hotkey). Thank you!

manuakasam
Casual Tourist
Message 20 of 43 (8,270 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling