Yes, PLEASE give us a shortcut key! I was trying to take pix of my kids who are a thousand miles away and it took too long!
I'm glad to have found this thread so at least I only have to use two mouse clicks instead of going through the menu, but it's dumb to have to go through a menu at all - please give us back a single button or a shortcut key!
take pix of my kids who are a thousand miles away took too long
If you dont want to wait for a new version which eventually might correct the issue (or will not, who knows?), you may create a script as workaround.
1. Give the Skype video window of the connection with your children an optimal size, do not resize it later.
2. Install autohotkey.com/download
3. Use its built in "Windows spy" to find out the coordinates of the mouse cursor on the + button and on the "take a picture" button in the Skype video window.
4. Customize the following script snapshot.ahk accordingly in Notepad/ Editor.
MouseMove, 306, 971
Click 306, 971
Click 292, 849
5. Make snapshots by simultaneously pressing Windows key + s key.
its good to know that i am not the only one having problems with the video snapshot key,please take a look into this issue and we will be grateful,the suggestions isnt that helpful though..T_T..
Why do you have to bury the Snapshot button? When you have a forum thread full of people asking why, where and what...
Just put it on the menu bar as a stand alone button plus a hot key combination and get it over with!
So to sum this up:
This "user-friendlyness" is not online for almost two months. The community has complained about this since the first day of the release. And up to this date nothing has changed.
Usually i'm not a Microsoft flamer, but it's suprisingly to see that this change goes life almost at the same time Skype announced the contract with microsoft and up to date - thanks to microsoft - this hasn't changed...
PLEASE Developers, get a better UX Team, provide a one click screenshot solution (at least via a hotkey). Thank you!