Video not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Video not working

I recently updated my skype to version 5.9.0.115 I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to skype with a Mac user. We have never had a problem until I updated. I can see myself in the lower right corner and I can see them. They can hear me but not see me.

If I go to Tools-->Options and click on the video button, I can see myself and all diagnostics seem to work. Why can't they see me? They are able to see and talk to other contacts. I have not been able to contact anyone else. This is very frustrating.

ttothemc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (28,644 Views)

Re: Video not working

Anyone have any suggestions? It is an integrated webcam and the webcam is working just fine - why can't my contact see me? I would like to get this resolved asap. Is there an older version of skype I can revert back to?

ttothemc
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 11 (28,604 Views)

had the same problem. I uninstalled Skype and then downloaded version 5.5.0.124 and now everything works again. You can download this version from the link below.

http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=6717

Skype has been unresponsive. Very disappointed because it seems many people have run into this problem.

ttothemc
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (28,584 Views)

h!:bigsmile:

sabariaga
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 11 (28,335 Views)

[ Edited ]

TERRIBLE SERVICE FROM SKYPE, I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME VIDEO ISSUE WITH NO RESOLUTION ON HERE FOR MAC, ONLY ON PC.

I have downgraded and installed older version and its still does not work. Facetime, MSN, and even my work supplied video Calling work super fine but not skype.

Whats the point of sending out and update to customers/users when its not been properly tested on all devices. 

dijicool
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (26,456 Views)

There are many old versions google skype old versions you get a long list..

susandarcy6
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (24,466 Views)

Glad to know I am not the only frustrated user.  Skype works on my iPhone, iPad and Photo Booth so the video camera is not the problem.  

Sometimes when I reinstall Skype it works but not a permanent fix.  Only works once then next call there is no video.

Is this problem only on Mac's?

newtonhill
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (23,840 Views)

newtonhill wrote:

Is this problem only on Mac's?

You probably will stand a better chance of getting an answer if you post your problem in the Mac forum, rather than here in Windows territory.  :wink:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 855
Message 8 of 11 (23,839 Views)

why is not ma video working
Posted from Amazon D01400
love20td
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (22,677 Views)

I have tried everything and the video doesn't work.  Please help me.  Thanks.  Inge

ibsteinmetz
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (19,538 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling