Video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video call

[ Edited ]

Hi my name is Monica

I have a acre window's 7  with the webcam build in my lab top.  The person that I'm talking to is unable to see me but I can see them  when I'm  talking to them.  Please if someone can contact me either by phone or email, to let me know if I'm doing something wrong. 

Thank you!

Monica J.

Contact **************

Email: **************@**********

monicajennings5
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (304 Views)

Re: Video call

Hi Monica again

I just sent  you company a post regarding my problem with my video call, and got a reply back.  So you saying that now the person  can see me on they videocam.

monicajennings5
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (302 Views)

open Skype, then click Tools >> Options >> General >> Video Settings.  Are you seeing your own video image in that window?  If so, then try to video call some people in your contact list to confirm if they also can see you now.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1662
Message 3 of 7 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]

Monica, I have the same problem that you. let me know if you solve your problem:surprised:ther people can't see me but can hear me. my email is *edited for privacy* Thanks

rkeith641
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (252 Views)

Same problem here. Using an HP laptop with Win 7 and Skype 6.9.0.106 but Skype does not recognise or see my built in webcam.

woutervdheever
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (104 Views)

woutervdheever wrote:

Same problem here. Using an HP laptop with Win 7 and Skype 6.9.0.106 but Skype does not recognise or see my built in webcam.

Please,  run the DirectX diagnostics tool.

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe and press the OK button. This will start the DirectX diagnostics program. Run this diagnostics and save the results to a file. Please, attach this file to your post.

Be aware that you will have to zip this file before attaching it here.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6986
Message 6 of 7 (100 Views)

@woutervdheever, which exact HP model do you have?
Can you please provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-create-log-files under under Skype for Windows Desktop and attach it to your post?

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 174
Message 7 of 7 (85 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling