Video call doesn't work with some people

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video call doesn't work with some people

Me and my grandmother can hear and see eachother perfectly. But, when she's talking to her friend they can't see eachother. Could the problem be that they have different versions of skype? Ore could it be something else?

Thanks // Max

mdrane
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (4,289 Views)

Re: Video call doesn't work with some people

Without more details, my guess would be that the problem lies with the friend's setup.  Different versions of Skype should not matter.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 5 (4,276 Views)

I have the same problem i can make some video call with my mother in belgium and with my girlfriend in china but i cannot make video call with my little brother in belgium and with my big brother in china for information i m using samsung galaxy tab2 10.1 and skype is updated at each new update but my brothers are using computer ( my mother too) and my little brother is using skype4.1 version i don't know for the other thanks to answer and maybe help us to fix the problem
Posted from Motorola Xoom
zenrith1
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (4,214 Views)

For g4pilut when you say *the problem lies with the friend's setup* what kind of setup should come the problem like that i should to my friend's and family to fix the problem
Thank yo for answer
Posted from Motorola Xoom
zenrith1
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (4,202 Views)

First, I recommend that everyone update to the latest version of Skype.  Version 4.1, for example, is oooooold.   Your family on PC's can update to the current version with this link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

But the problem could lie elsewhere too.  You can't do this from your Android tablet, but next time you're on a call with one of your family members who's on a PC and you're seeing the problem, get them to click on Call > Call Technical Info.  If they can copy that text, send it to you, and you post it here, that may shed some light on where the problem lies.   Or maybe then can just copy and paste it in this thread themselves....

BTW, do you have a PC or a Mac available with Skype installed?   It would be worthwhile to make sure the Android version of Skype on your Galaxy isn't part of the problem.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 5 of 5 (4,199 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling