Video Turns itself on and off

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video Turns itself on and off

Help,

I am having a problem with one of the folks I talk to with Skype.  When we establish a call between us, her viedo keeps turning on and off.  When her video is turned on , she can see me.  But Skype or some other issue (webcam drivers) turn the video off then on WITHOUT user intervention. 

She has a Dell Laptop.  The machine OS is Vista 64 bit.

jove

jove010
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (3,301 Views)

Re: Video Turns itself on and off

Are you saying that when her video goes off she can't see your video either?  In effect, both of your video goes off at the same time?

Do you have the problem with any other contact, or only her?  And does she have the problem with any other contact, or only you?

In any case, the first thing I'd suggest is that both of you update to the latest version of Skype, 5.8.0.154.   Click on Help > About Skype to see what version you're running at the moment.   You can download the full installer for the current version via this link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 903
Message 2 of 2 (3,296 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling