Update:Skype 6.3.60.105.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Update:Skype 6.3.60.105.

When I hit update, it just sits there, gives me an error and freezes up. 

This widget could not be displayed.
leatleat
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Thank you ruwim, followed your instructions. I hope that stopped the update request that kept freezing up.

View solution in original post
leatleat
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (5,634 Views)

Re: Update:Skype 6.3.60.105.

Try to update to the currently latest Skype 6.3.0.107 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.3.0.107.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6414
Message 2 of 11 (5,621 Views)

Thank you ruwim, followed your instructions. I hope that stopped the update request that kept freezing up.
leatleat
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (5,614 Views)

[ Edited ]

Year after year on different computers instead of successful update I'm getting different errors each time. There are dozens of threads in forums with hundreds of pages about solving and typically none of them works. Goddmn solve this already. It's just an update!

While now the only real solution is .msi package, give us a link to the list of them instead of direct link to the package. Every time I want to upgrade I have to go here and look for the dmn link in someone's dmnpost. Instead of posting them each time individually, do your job an solve this all bullsheet.

Update: oh, now installing even .msi it asks to uninstall previous versions. Now I understand that it's not so bad afterall. It could ask me to reinstall windows or buy a new laptop. Excellent job

gacuxz
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (4,648 Views)

I can only agree with you that Skype updating procedure is less than perfect. For the last two years I have always used this procedure:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/How-to-update-Skype-without-using-any-Skype-ins...

Just make use of the currently available msi-installer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 11 (4,613 Views)

[ Edited ]

How to extract the skype.exe from .msi when you can't find the new .msi itself? How dumb man can be to ruin this simple program feature like an update for one .exe file? Instead of this they shove me toolbars, bing search bars and all the other crap they should shove it to themselves.
I know I'm rude, but there was no response for years to this problem. What for is this dmn forum for then?

gacuxz
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (4,430 Views)

still got the problem that skype is still requesting to update 6:3.60.105, I can get it to quit, but it still show up every time I sign in.

leatleat
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (4,392 Views)

Is your currently installed Skype showing the 6.3.60.105 version? This is not the latest. The currently latest version is 6.3.XX.107 (the number at the .XX. position doesn’t matter).

Was the update using the Skype_6.3.0.107.msi installer successful?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 11 (4,373 Views)

Yes, it was. Thank you and so far I have not received any more update messages. So thanks again,

leatleat
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (4,311 Views)

I have to agree with gacuxz.   MS forces us to move from Messenger to Skype, then give us this wonderful pile of **bleep**.  You'd think that with the billions of $$$ they make they could find someone with enough programming skill to fix a problem that has been going on for years!

I do have a couple of questions for ruwim...  

1)  how much does MS pay you to monitor this forum and provide technical help? and,

2)  when did they change versioning control numbering methodology?  For as long as I've been using computers, the XX does matter in version control.

R.S
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (3,873 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling