Unwanted popups

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Unwanted popups

Why does the Skype desktop client keep on opening the following link: https://apps.skype.com/home/connect.html?

I don't want to connect to Facebook through Skype. It has never done this before, is it some new "feature" courtesy of Microsoft?

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (887 Views)

Re: Unwanted popups

click on the 'No Thanks Button' below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

If you found my post useful, please give "Kudos".
If it helped to answer your problem/question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so other people can find it easily.
NewHorizon
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 106
Message 2 of 12 (879 Views)

Yip, until the next time it opens a browser window.

I don't want Skype to continuously open browser windows. This is a Desktop Client, for goodness sake, surely they could popup a little message saying "Do you want to?" and I can easily click on "No Thanks".

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (870 Views)

Buuuuut you know what? Who gives a **bleep**. This is now a Microsoft product and they NEVER listen to user feedback but instead dictate to the world how it should be. 

So nevermind about my post, I'll just switch over to another messaging platform.

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (867 Views)

PaulBester1 wrote:

Why does the Skype desktop client keep on opening the following link: https://apps.skype.com/home/connect.html?

I don't want to connect to Facebook through Skype. It has never done this before, is it some new "feature" courtesy of Microsoft?

Are you seeing this page open in your Skype Home window or in your browser?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6408
Message 5 of 12 (857 Views)

The page opens in my browser window. 

After my last post here it had opened another window, this time to something called "ChatAdWidget".

The browser windows only seems to open if Skype is minimised and I then maximise it.

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (844 Views)

And just as an addition to my post, it has done it again and this TWO browser windows opened up with the following links:

https://apps.skype.com/chatadwidget/

https://apps.skype.com/home/?uiversion=6.10.59.104&language=en

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (833 Views)

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 12 (831 Views)

Thanks for the reply, I currently use Internet Explorer 9

PaulBester1
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (825 Views)

Try to clear the Temporary Internet Files folder:

Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> General. In the section “Browsing history” press the “Settings” button and in the next window the “View files” button. Delete all files from the Temporary Internet Files folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 12 (822 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling