Uninstalling "Click to call" add-in for chrome fix...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Uninstalling "Click to call" add-in for chrome fixes clipboard bugs in MS Excel 2010

I was having clipboard issues in MS Excel 2010 on my windows 7. A quick google search recommended uninstalling the addin skype installed inside chrome. After installing skype click-to-call, I have excel back. 

Is there a bug report for this somewhere? 

Triangle
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (37,214 Views)

Re: Uninstalling "Click to call" add-in for chrome fixes clipboard bugs in MS Excel 2010

I got the same problem and spent 3 hours trying to find a solution. Thanks Skype :sad:

agurda
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 18 (37,069 Views)

Re: Uninstalling "Click to call" add-in for chrome fixes clipboard bugs in MS Excel 2010

So to fix this:
1. Open the Chrome Options
2. Select Extensions
3. Disable or Remove the Skype Click to Call Extension
agurda
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (37,068 Views)

worked simply and instantly :bigsmile:

briggs121
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 18 (36,908 Views)

The only problem is, it doesn't UNINSTALL click to call from your computer, period. That's the issue at hand for me.

kibsterific
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 18 (28,476 Views)

Yes I agree, I can't seem to delete this product which is really p*****g me off!!! I keep getting a pop up window saying "Please close all open Chrome windows before continuing. Well it is closed and this stupid window keeps poping up.

GreatWhiteNorth
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (27,170 Views)

GreatWhiteNorth wrote:

Yes I agree, I can't seem to delete this product which is really p*****g me off!!! I keep getting a pop up window saying "Please close all open Chrome windows before continuing. Well it is closed and this stupid window keeps poping up.

You can try to reboot your computer and make sure that no applications are started and then try to uninstall this Click-to-Call add-on.

Anther option (working for several other users) is to uninstal Chrome, uninstall Click-to-Call and then re-install Chrome again.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6293
Message 7 of 18 (27,153 Views)

I already did that and it didn't work. However I did find a way to make it work ....finally.

Here's what I did:

Either run or install CCleaner - click here if you don't have it, don't worry it's free!

After install click on the Cleaner tab in the program (the one with the picture of the broom) -- then click Analyze at the bottom of the screen -- after it's finish running click Run Cleaner at the bottom right of the screen. Do this several times until you get 0% for results. 

Now while doing the above a pop-up notification may say close Chrome, click yes and it may also ask to to force close, again say yes. 

Afterwards click the Tools tab and scroll down until you see Skype Click to Call -- click it then at the top right of the screen click the Run Uninstaller.

This was the only thing that worked for me so hopefully it will work for you as well.

Good luck!

GreatWhiteNorth
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (27,144 Views)

hi wy my computer making shoke evry day
aliyaan11
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 18 (26,473 Views)

THis is a heap of garbage - this is a microsoft product that you can't install from Windows and you need a 3rd party product CCleaner to fix the problem. Thanks it worked...
greghk
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (22,721 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling