Unable to make Skype to Skype calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Unable to make Skype to Skype calls

Hi

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and installed the latest update for Skype. Since then I am unable to receive skype to skype calls...(they go sraight to voicemail) and when I try

and make a skype to skype call, my side gets dropped as soon as the person answers.

I have tried going back to version 5.3 but that did not help either. Please help.

Thanks.

costagoz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (380 Views)

Re: Unable to make Skype to Skype calls

Hi,
Just to lend support to the question - I am having the same problem. In fact, for all the years that I've had Skype, I've never been able to complete a call.
Every one of my contacts knows, that once they try to answer my call, it will be dropped and they will have to call back.
This happened when I used XP. I now had Windows 7. I have always upgraded to the latest version of Skype - uninstalled, reinstalled, installed over, etc. I've searched for answers to no avail.
Please help me too.
Thanks.
garenpri
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

What happens when you try, any messages? Does it hang? details please.

If you are using Win7 Please try this:

Open Windows Event Viewer. Go to Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for the recent error messages. Click on any errors and post the details here if they happen at the time things fail.

Otherwise do this:

Using your Windows Control Panel:

Adminstrator Tools -> Event Viewer

Click on System and later Applications, do you see any errors logged during the times this happens, if so what errors ("If you click on the errors you can get more details and copy/paste them here")?

Also, please check times after you reboot to see if any errors are produced when you system is restarting.

Are you current with ALL Windows Updates and any Updates from your manufacturers web site for your system and any attached devices?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  The messages I send in Skype do not hang and I did a skype to skype call and there were no error messages in the Event Viewer.  Windows 7 does not see this as a problem it seems.

Thanks

Costa

costagoz
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (348 Views)

costagoz wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  The messages I send in Skype do not hang and I did a skype to skype call and there were no error messages in the Event Viewer.  Windows 7 does not see this as a problem it seems.

Thanks

Costa

In your case and your case only.

1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.

2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.

3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:

%appdata%\skype

If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.

4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.

5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:

NOTE: If This is a 64 bit system, please look in the program files (x86) folder

%programfiles%

Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.

6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 5 of 6 (336 Views)

Hi Guys
Thank you very much for all the help it is much appreciated, I got my Skype to work what I did I reformatted the Drive and reinstalled Win7 and it works, I cant say that its the best recommended method but it worked.
Regards
Costa  
costagoz
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling