Unable to download

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Unable to download

Hi

Looking for some help,

I am unable to download / install skype on windows XP, i download the initial installer, it runs and connects to the server to download the rest of the setup files, This is where it gets stuck, sometimes it will go to 99% sometimes 0% then it says "unable to connect to download servers do you wish to get an alternative download?" answering yes to this allows me to download a Skypefull.exe however on running this I also get error message "unable to connect to download servers, do you wish to get an alternative download?" then the same file downloads again and it all goes in circles. Tried an old link for skypefull.msi but that download has been removed. Any ideas?

Ta

Luke

lukester85
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (1,857 Views)

Re: Unable to download

Anyone?

lukester85
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 8 (1,755 Views)

Try this link:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.6.0.110.msi

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 3 of 8 (1,750 Views)

thanks very very very muchly!

lukester85
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,746 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 939
Message 5 of 8 (1,733 Views)

hello g4pilut, am having same issue w/ my xp (sp 3) as mentioned above by the user, however unfortunately the URL which you have provided as solution is no longer active. Could you please help in getting me install Skype in my xp box w/ sp 3? Thanks for your help in advance pal.

Cheers ~DK

dk-techie
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (927 Views)

Links to older Skype versions are with time disabled.

Try to install Skype using this msi-installer for the currently latest 6.3.0.105 version:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.3.0.105.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6940
Message 7 of 8 (917 Views)

Thanks pal, the core issue is whenever I try to install any version of Skype, it just get stuck at 99% and does not complete. Will try what you suggest and drop you a note in either case - thanks once again!

dk-techie
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (913 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling