Taskbar integration in Windows 7 is gone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Taskbar integration in Windows 7 is gone

I have an update on this issue, Skype has now disappeared from the system tray...

I have Skype 5.5.0.113 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on a HP Pavilion dv7-6143cl computer.

tyty1234
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 31 of 54 (1,083 Views)

Have you been looking in “Show hidden icons”? Press Customize and make sure that “Show icon and notifications” is selected for Skype.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6927
Message 32 of 54 (1,077 Views)

Yes I just checked that. Skype is running, and no icon shows in the system tray regardless of the options mentioned.

tyty1234
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 33 of 54 (1,073 Views)

Is anyone with a 32 bit architecture expiriencing this?

fatmono
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 34 of 54 (1,065 Views)

Having this same issue and I am SO ANNOYED.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  Skype auto installed the newer version (it quickly came up while I was typing and I clicked enter).

5.5 is so very frustrating.  Not only am I missing the tasks when right clicking the pinned icon, but now I get this 'Skype Home' dialog that pops up every time I login.  There seems to be no option to disable it and it is completely useless to me.  I have to close it every time I login...

And then there is forcing me to put an image for myself...

I've been really unhappy with the changes in skype 5.5... it even installed toolbars on all my browsers without prompting me.  This kind of stuff makes me start to hate a company.

sketchman
Novel Tourist
Message 35 of 54 (996 Views)

fatmono wrote:

Is anyone with a 32 bit architecture expiriencing this?

post 18, page 2 in this thread

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 631
Message 36 of 54 (984 Views)

Is there an update to this topic?  I just updated from 5.3 and I lost my quit skype option as well.

wp2000
Novel Tourist
Message 37 of 54 (835 Views)

See this

community.skype.com/t5/Windows/No-quot-Quit-quot-option-in-Skype-5-5/td-p/85548/page/5

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 38 of 54 (829 Views)

sketchman wrote:

Having this same issue and I am SO ANNOYED.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  Skype auto installed the newer version (it quickly came up while I was typing and I clicked enter).

5.5 is so very frustrating.  Not only am I missing the tasks when right clicking the pinned icon, but now I get this 'Skype Home' dialog that pops up every time I login.  There seems to be no option to disable it and it is completely useless to me.  I have to close it every time I login...

And then there is forcing me to put an image for myself...

I've been really unhappy with the changes in skype 5.5... it even installed toolbars on all my browsers without prompting me.  This kind of stuff makes me start to hate a company.

I AGREE 100%. WTH IS GOING ON SKYPE?

benithan00
Casual Adventurer
Message 39 of 54 (817 Views)

I hope that you know that the issue with Home page is resolved in Skype 5.5.0.119.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 40 of 54 (813 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling