Stop camera control from starting when Skype start...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Stop camera control from starting when Skype starts

During the setup process it asked if I wanted the camera control to start when I start Skype,  I checked the box.

I want it to stop opening when I start Skype as I m happy with the settings,   but can't find the box to unchecked?

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Launch the Logitech Webcam Software.  If you don't find it on your start menu, you can find find lauchershortcut.exe by holding the Windows key, typing r, and the in the search box enter

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common\Files\LogiShrd\LWSPlugins\LWS\Applets\HelpMain\launchershortcut.exe

Remove the (x86) if you have a 32 bit version of Windows.

Once you've started the webcam software, click on Prefernces in the upper right hand corner and on the General tab, uncheck "Auto-launch webcam controller" and save the change.

View solution in original post
tonyskier
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (2,205 Views)

Re: Stop camera control from starting when Skype starts

Is this what you're looking for? https://support.skype.com/m/en/faq/FA3751/Can-I-automatically-answer-all-my-calls-with-video?frompag...
Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 23
Message 2 of 11 (2,201 Views)

I have the same problem.  Can't figure out how to stop the webcam controls from launch when making a call.  I'm sure there's a box to check somewhere, but I sure can't find it.

mmarcelia
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (2,104 Views)

mmarcelia wrote:

I have the same problem.  Can't figure out how to stop the webcam controls from launch when making a call.  I'm sure there's a box to check somewhere, but I sure can't find it.

Please explain what do you mean by “webcam controls”.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6057
Message 4 of 11 (2,094 Views)

I have a logitech webcam.  Whenever I start a call and the camera comes on, the logitech webcam controls launch, as well.  This was an option that appeared during the Skype install and I checked the box to have these controls launch.  Now I can't find that box to uncheck it because I have no need for the controls to launch everytime I do a call.

mmarcelia
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (2,085 Views)

Launch the Logitech Webcam Software.  If you don't find it on your start menu, you can find find lauchershortcut.exe by holding the Windows key, typing r, and the in the search box enter

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common\Files\LogiShrd\LWSPlugins\LWS\Applets\HelpMain\launchershortcut.exe

Remove the (x86) if you have a 32 bit version of Windows.

Once you've started the webcam software, click on Prefernces in the upper right hand corner and on the General tab, uncheck "Auto-launch webcam controller" and save the change.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 907
Message 6 of 11 (2,080 Views)

Thanks g4pilut!  That's exactly what I was looking for!

mmarcelia
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (2,062 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 907
Message 8 of 11 (2,056 Views)

How does one stop the Logitech webcam 3500 control menue from opening up each time you start a Skype video call? There is no 'preference' option or menu item for Logiltech webcam 3500 to change as some postings have suggested on this forum!

aemad1919
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (357 Views)

No Auto launch or preferences for the 3500! Any other suggestions? Thanks

aemad1919
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling