Re: Steps to creating a new thread/topic

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Steps to creating a new thread/topic

[ Edited ]

Some users are having trouble finding how to post a new thread (topic).  Here are specific steps to that may help:

1)  Navigate to the forums:  http://community.skype.com/t5/English/ct-p/English

2)  Signin:

signin.jpg

3)  Click on the "Title" appropriate for your subject, i.e. Windows, Mac, iPhone, Video, etc.  These screen grabs are specific to Windows.

4)  Click on the New Message button:

new.jpg

Enter subject; Type message.  Click on "Post" button.

post.jpg

5)  Done!

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Please use plain text.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 847
Message 1 of 3 (29,429 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks for the helpful post g4pilut

pictures speak louder than words, but I wanted to point out that instructions on how to post a new topic are easy to access in the forum Help info also (only 3 clicks to get there)

click 'Help' up near the top of this page http://community.skype.com/ (just under Search Support Network), and then click on 'Posting Messages' (fifth item down on the left)

then you should see:

How do I post a message

Regards,
Neil
Please use plain text.
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 273
Message 2 of 3 (29,394 Views)

[ Edited ]

TOPIC PINNED AND LOCKED.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1531
Message 3 of 3 (29,366 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling