Sound check is a-ok, but no sound on call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Sound check is a-ok, but no sound on call

I'm using the Sound Check option,

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/support/user-guides/call-quality/sound-check/#guideSubTopics

yet when I make a call to another Skype user (regular or video) there is no sound.  He can't hear me and I can't hear him.  I've also done a Skype Test Call and it works fine, too.  This is just one user so far.  Haven't tested any others.  New computer.  Setup seems fine, but I'm having this weird issue.

This widget could not be displayed.
GTGeek88
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Another update. Did another Skype test call - no problem. Called a different person - no problem. It's just a call to this one person . . . he can't hear me. I can hear him, however, and even the sound on his end that Skype makes when my chat message comes in (I have to use chat, since he can't hear me). Now he just called me while I was typing this in and we were checking settings and he decided to plug in his earphones. He could hear me fine through the earphones. Then he unplugged them and suddenly he could hear me through the speakers. Really odd. Not sure of exactly what caused this situation, but it's fixed now.

View solution in original post
GTGeek88
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 27 (31,193 Views)

Re: Sound check is a-ok, but no sound on call

Ok, update . . . though we were unable to hear each other, we placed the call to do a screen share and communicate via chat. Suddenly, a few minutes into the call, I started getting his sound and could hear him, but he could still not hear me. Very odd.
GTGeek88
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 27 (31,024 Views)

Another update. Did another Skype test call - no problem. Called a different person - no problem. It's just a call to this one person . . . he can't hear me. I can hear him, however, and even the sound on his end that Skype makes when my chat message comes in (I have to use chat, since he can't hear me). Now he just called me while I was typing this in and we were checking settings and he decided to plug in his earphones. He could hear me fine through the earphones. Then he unplugged them and suddenly he could hear me through the speakers. Really odd. Not sure of exactly what caused this situation, but it's fixed now.
GTGeek88
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 27 (31,006 Views)

Same here.  Skype's tried all which ways of correcting the problem -- no one can hear me tho I can hear them -- but all have failed & they've given up.  All's ok with the laptop.  Tried an exterior mic to no avail. Any ideas? It's been a year.  Help!

msgindc
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 27 (30,912 Views)

Have lost all sound on Skype, except for the green sound test button. All else on Skype is working fine and I get good sound from other programs ( radio stations etc). Coincidentally loss of sound happened just after I had accepted an offered update to Skype - though  I am using the latest version 5.9. Un/reinstalled several times, to no avail. Can you assist ?

puzzledoverdis
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 27 (29,830 Views)

puzzledoverdis wrote:

Have lost all sound on Skype, except for the green sound test button. All else on Skype is working fine and I get good sound from other programs ( radio stations etc). Coincidentally loss of sound happened just after I had accepted an offered update to Skype - though  I am using the latest version 5.9. Un/reinstalled several times, to no avail. Can you assist ?

See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/No-ring-tone-when-receiving-incoming-call/m-p/680519/highlight...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6934
Message 6 of 27 (29,827 Views)

no sound
anjo
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 27 (28,921 Views)

very poor quality
anjo
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 27 (28,921 Views)

I have a sound problem. I tried the test call, I can hear my own voice. I called 2 of my friends, I can hear both of them.But they cann't hear me.

what is the problem ?

skypequest
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 27 (28,892 Views)

I have sound of ringtone on incoming calls. I can be heard by the caller, but I cannot hear the caller. and i cannot hear the ringtone to the other end when making a call. How can I fix this?

Aniko

Aniko6969
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 27 (28,795 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling