Skypemate

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skypemate

When you download Skype does that also include Skymate?? Seems like since I moved to Windows 7 I can't access the features on my usb phone. What's the difference between Skype and Skypemate.

Tom

curt31
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (8,959 Views)

Re: Skypemate

No. SkypeMate is a third-party software. You need to download SkypeMate separately.

Skype is a proprietary voice over Internet Protocol service and software application.

SkypeMate is the software driver that lets the USB phone's keypad and other functions communicate with Skype

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6511
Message 2 of 11 (8,877 Views)

Re: Skypemate Software

Can anyone tell me a safe website from where I can download the latest SkypeMate software?

Ron_mac
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (8,577 Views)

*lights cigarette*

You may download the latest version of Skypemate from here -

http://www.sogatel.com/downloads/

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 11 (8,575 Views)

Thank you Tamin for your solution to my problem the solution sent is perfect and has saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Ron_mac
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (8,565 Views)

*lights cigarette*

You are very welcome.
Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 11 (8,564 Views)

Any help with windows 8?? I cant get it to work with skypemate and usb phone.... Fine in windows 7...Any help would be appriciated!! Thanks

Bryon

bryonp
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (6,554 Views)

Hi Byron,  Did you get any answers for Windows 8 and skypemate, I cant get it to work. 

Nicole

nicole73
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (3,746 Views)

Thank You very much!

texasanderson
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (3,235 Views)

Skype are discontinuing the Skypmate interface in December, so if you value the Skypmate application as I do - CANCEL AUTOMATIC UPDATES of Skype.

G109B
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (2,802 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling