SkypeSetup.msi installation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SkypeSetup.msi installation

• I had a problem with my Skype and then I uninstalled it, but later I remained an icon in "Add or Remove Programs" and when I want to remove the program appears to me this; "The installation product does not match the installation source(s. Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed.
Contact your administrator or product vender for assistance. If there is a matching source type it below or click Browse to locate it"
If anyone knows how to solve it I would be grateful!

sawyer3
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (22,274 Views)

Re: SkypeSetup.msi installation

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice and once on the page, please click the Fixit icon/button:

/support.microsoft.com/kb/971187#FixItForMeAlways

Please then reboot and afterwards:

copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice and then choose the run/open option:

skype.com/go/getskype-msi

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 588
Message 2 of 7 (22,088 Views)

When I'm done with everything you told me and when I want to finish my installation  then opens a window with the same message that I wrote before and when I click 'ok' then tell me; 'The path " cannot be found. Verify that you have acess to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'Skype.msi' in a folder from which youcan install the product Skype 5.3.  and when I click 'OK' and then 'Cancel' they said to me; 'The older version of Skype 5.5 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.'

sawyer3
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (22,083 Views)

You have/had two issues going on, this should fix the remaining one.

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice, then click the FixIt Icon/Button:

support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 7 (22,079 Views)

Problem: When trying to download a newer version of Skype it fails to completely remove the old version & installation of the newer version fails. “ Error code 1603 fatal error occurred during installation.” You end up with no Skype in your programmes list and no Skype programme to run. In Add/Remove programmes ( Control Panel) Skype still shows but cannot be uninstalled. I tried contacting Skype support & they suggested downloading Fix. bat. This don’t work. After numerous requests to Skype support and no solution they wiped their hands of it & said the problem was with Windows Installer . (Not good customer support as they are now owned by Microsoft). I had this problem for 3 weeks during which I tried everything. Running Regedt 32 & removing all Skype entries. Searching ALL files and folders including hidden files. Searching the net and trying most of the solutions suggested. Purchasing software to remove the programme. None of these worked & I was close to throwing the B*))%$ pc out of the window. Then I remembered that a lot of people suggested using the “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility” but unfortunately this download has been removed by Microsoft. NOT TRUE. ITS STILL AVAILABE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK

Solution for Windows XP

Follow the steps detailed below and I think you will resolve your problem. It worked for me.

1. Create a system restore point Programmes>>Accessories>> System Tools>>System Restore Click on “Create a Restore Point” then “Next” In the Restore Point Description enter a name, then click “Create” In the unlikely event that something goes wrong you can restore your PC to its Original setup by using this restore point.

2 Go to Microsoft website & Download & Install “Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools” into your programmes

3. Reboot your PC.

4. Find & Click on Windows Support Tools in your programme list.

5. Click on Support Tools Help.

6. Scroll Down & find & click on “ Msiuu.exe ( Windows Installer Cleanup Utility).

7. In the top r/h corner click on “ Run Tool “

8. Scroll Down the list of programmes & highlight the one you want to remove.(ie Skype) 9. Click “ Remove “ this removes the programme you are having problems with.

10. DO NOT CLICK ON “ SELECT ALL or “CLEAR ALL

simosims
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (22,054 Views)

[ Edited ]

IMHO, I would NOT use the "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" anymore, because it has not been updated in a very very long time and can and has been known to corrupt Vista and WIN7 systems.

"While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center."

I would use "Revo" Instead here is an example:

NOTE: Doing this WILL delete ALL your Skype history, however a automatic restore point will be done as well before any changes are made.

Please make sure that as impossible as it seems that there is no Skype.exe running, you can do this by starting the Windows Task Manager keyboard keys all at once CTRL ALT DEL, click the processese tab, we need to make sure that there are no running Skpe.exe processes or SkypeSetup...exe running processes, if ou see any please select then, and click the "End Process" button for each of them.

NOTE: Revo creates a restore point and does a full registry backup as well, automatically.

Please install this, please note that you will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

revouninstaller.com

Once Revo is installed, if it did not start, please start it.

From the Revo main window please do:

Commands -> Forced Uninstall

Please make sure the Advanced Radio Button is checked.

Next in the "Programs Exact Name" please enter:

Please click the next button. Note it can take some time for this to complete.

Once completed, please press the "Scan" button to look for anything that might still be left over from prior Skype installs.

Please click the "Select All" button, and then the "Delete" button.

You may be presented with files and flolders left over, again, Please click the "Select All" button, and then the "Delete" button.

Please Exit Revo and Reboot.

Please now install the current release, again you will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice, please save the download to your C: drive, once downloaded please run the installer from your hard drive:

skype.com/go/getskype

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 7 (22,052 Views)

The link

/support.microsoft.com/kb/971187#FixItForMeAlways

does not exist.

AvJoeSkypeUser
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 7 (5,515 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling