Skype wont sign in on start-up

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype wont sign in on start-up

Hello I'm using Skype (5.3.0.120) on Win XP SP3

My problem is that it no longer signs in automaticity as in the previous versions. :sad:

I have to do it manually and the window which appears, after I sign in doesn't stay around for very long, has the option "sign in when Skype starts" is ticked also the option "start Skype when windows starts" is ticked.

The later of the above works as it starts Skype when windows loads, but the first one is ticked but not working and could be a bug in this version of Skype. Also don't understand why you moved this function from the menu tools/options/general

Are you aware of it? Likely to place a fix in an update?

Thanks

Chris 

This widget could not be displayed.
Primemover
Power User

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

hi guys!  this problem was fixed in version 5.5.0.115.  download link below;

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full 

View solution in original post
OricTosh
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 20 (4,453 Views)

Re: Skype wont sign in on start-up

I've got the same problem. (XP SP3). Skype starts when Windows starts, but does not log in.

Going to Tools and Options does offer the option of start Skype when windows starts (ticked), but has no option to ask wheter I want to sign in or log in when Windows starts.

This was an option on the prevoius version and was always ticked. Not on the newer update 5.5.0.113.

So although Skype has started, it is not logged in and none of my contacts know I am online.

What to do?

How can I set Skype to log in automatically, as it did previously?

westralia
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 20 (4,329 Views)

hi guys!  this problem was fixed in version 5.5.0.115.  download link below;

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1657
Message 3 of 20 (4,317 Views)

Hi Primemover!!

i followed the link that you posted. Unfortunatly it still didnt work for me. I have reinstalled Skype several times, and whenever i do so, a box comes up and says " A problem caused the program to stop working correctly."
Is there anything else that you can suggest?
I have tried using both older and newer versions.
Thank you!

sumeyye
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (2,842 Views)

Running XP SP3 : skype stops working without explanation.... nothing helped.... skype out ?
projon
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 20 (2,607 Views)

I know completed a full removal of skype by cleaning every skype entry in the registry and re-installed skype-full. I have also renewed my password. Still no solution.

projon
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 20 (2,598 Views)

My skype won't do anything. It has been connecting for 2 weeks. I have updated to the latest version, I have installed and re-installed. I am about to find another instant messenger for work. 2 weeks is a long time not communicate with people you work with everyday.

Penguina
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 20 (2,589 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am using skype 5.9.0.115 and eveytime i sign in it keeps on loading. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it . it keeps on doing that still.

lolly6767
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 20 (2,411 Views)

lolly6767 wrote:

I am using skype 5.9.0.115 and eveytime i sign in it keeps on loading. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it . it keeps on doing that still.

Try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6937
Message 9 of 20 (2,398 Views)

I have windows 8 how can i remove it
lolly6767
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 20 (2,393 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling