Skype wont show me online to others, Help!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype wont show me online to others, Help!

Hello, I have never had a issue with Skype until today. This morning I went to skype a family member, and I was 'online' on my end however my family member could not see me 'online' on her end. She was able to see other members online, just not me. So I uninstalled Skype, reinstalled it, signed in, and still, I was shown 'online' on my end but not on hers. I then uninstalled Skype, AGAIN, created a new account, reinstalled it, sent my family member a request to be skype friends, and she did not receive it, she wasn't even able to find me when she searched for a contact. I have uninstalled Skype again, reinstalled it, tried to sign in with my old account and again, was seen by my family as 'offline' even though on my end it says online. I need help, Skype doesn't have a phone number for help and I am beyond pissed off. I just wanna see my family. Thank you.

_B
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,014 Views)

Re: Skype wont show me online to others, Help!

I have the same problems!  My boyfriend and I live long distance for right now, and we never know if skype is going to work or not.  We can be talking or texting at the very minute we are both online, yet it will not let us see each other on.  We have tried to send many messages to each other, even though it says we are offline.  At times, this will allow it to show us online to each other, but not always and it hasn't worked lately.

I also have tried to uninstall and reinstall skype.  I have also downloaded older versions or switched to skype on my iphone, and we have the same problem.  Once in awhile he will be able to talk to his cousin on skype, yet it still won't show me on.

We also have problem with skype freezing!  Where we don't get each others messages for a good length of time!

I have no "help" for you, but wanted to let you know you aren't the only one!  I've written into skype before and have never heard a thing back.

alisha24
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (765 Views)

Hi my online number is not show for the others and i paid my 3 month bill and its say my number is activated. i check my bank account the money was in prossing for 3 days but after that i didnt see it in my account i called my bank they told me skype must respond so mistake from skype can u plz help me to show my number back for the others receivers
Posted from Apple iPhone
Elfatih17
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (604 Views)

same problem. This is most irritating. Greatly appreciate info on what to do 

hrbrewster
Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling