Skype won't start up...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype won't start up...

When I start Skype it open the window as if you will be able to sign in but it's just a white screen with the Skype task bar on top.  When I mouse over it's in a contant state of loading and my cpu usage jumps to over 80%.  The app doesn't respond to any commands.  It will run like this until I close it with the task manager.  I tried downloading the older version and the same thing happens.  Help please.

IparkJons
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,987 Views)

Re: Skype won't start up...

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?

Please do a Skype reset.

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"

Press WinKey+R

Type: %appdata% and press Enter.

Rename the folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Run Skype.

You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5814
Message 2 of 8 (5,986 Views)

The same thing happened.

IE is not installed on my computer and I have Kaspersky installed.

IparkJons
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (5,982 Views)

Please install latest IE.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 8 (5,977 Views)

Thank you for the help. I'm not sure why IE would need to be installed for this app to work though.
IparkJons
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (5,956 Views)

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 8 (5,955 Views)

Mamaude harton
Posted from Apple iPad
Maude.harton
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (5,798 Views)

Re: Skype won't make calls

I am having problems with calls cutting off every now and then when I make them! Any help?
Posted from Apple iPad
Onyango
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (5,281 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling