Skype won't open

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype won't open

For a few days, Skype has refused to open on my laptop. It's fine on my desktop, but that's not enough. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but when I try to open Skype I still get the Windows error message saying "Skype has encountered a problem and needs to close." 

Help! About to leave on a trip and need my laptop communication.

dharmamark
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)

Re: Skype won't open

i need help cause it says go to Customer Service windows not properly install or something like that
gambinofamily3
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

Re: Skype won't open

The same thing is happening with my laptop. I run windows vista home basic, and recently had updates from microsoft installed. Not it wont work at all. One time it said that Data Execution Preventions caused the program to shut down, but after changing settings with DEP it still did not fix the problem.
darrellcole4
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (378 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling