Skype won't let me sign in!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype won't let me sign in!

Recently, skype has been not letting me sign in on my main desktop computer (Windows 7). I once couldn't log in for 3 days! I don't remember what I did but it signed me back in that time. But now it has been 2 days and I still cannot sign in to skype. I have tried installing the newer update of skype and even closing all programs and restarting my computer several times! I looked at the "Why can't I sign in to skype" question and answers and did all the recommendations they suggested but it still doesn't log me in. I can get skype to work on my sister's laptop and my ipod but it still won't let me sign in on the desktop computer. Everytime I try to log in it says "Skype can't connect". Please help me!

laurabigler2037
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,028 Views)

Re: Skype won't let me sign in!

Having same trouble, but instead of your message, it sends me to a driectory page of my C drive

gnomes777
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (2,957 Views)

gnomes777 wrote:

Having same trouble, but instead of your message, it sends me to a driectory page of my C drive

See this:

community.skype.com/t5/Windows/i-get-this-when-i-login-file-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login/td-p/105790

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6844
Message 3 of 7 (2,954 Views)

I am using my wif.s iPod AND GOT HER A NEW ONE Went to the apple store They cleaned all her apps and information They transferred all my apps and info from my iPhone I am able to sign in yo Skype from my desktop,iPhone but NOT from my iPod I downloaded the app for Skype but CAN NOT SIGN IN CAN YOU HELP .
Posted from Apple iPad
Cvika1
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (2,265 Views)

i am having the same problem now and the same message.

lindsaycreneti
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (1,301 Views)

lindsaycreneti wrote:

i am having the same problem now and the same message.

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6194
Message 6 of 7 (1,292 Views)

on my ipod i was log in then i log out of it and it say it can't connect to skype  

luke.tyson4
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (712 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling