Skype won't connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Reply

Skype won't connect

Have been using skype for a few months now and everything worked absolutely fine, including IMs, calls and video-chats.

However, recently, Skype stopped connecting!

When I start it, sometimes it won't sign in, showing the rotating circle forever.

Sometimes, it signs in immediately and my colleagues signal that they see me online. 

 

So in this case (when it's connected), I am sometimes (10% of the attempts) able to send and receive IMs and even make calls and video-chats for about 2min. And then, it starts behaving like in the other 90% of the attempts:

- I am sometimes able to send messages and my colleagues can receive them

- I am unable to receive any message from them

- I am unable to call/receive calls.

 

I have checked and disabled my firewall, this didn't help. I have removed skype from registry, installed an old version of Skype (4.0.0.226), and it still cannot connect.

Meanwhile I'm using Trillian (messagers aggregator client) which works absolutely fine. But I would like to have my skype back.

 

Thank you.

Jenishka.

Jenishka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 7
Registered: 20-06-2012
Message 1 of 13 (20,400 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

Do you use Skype on any mobile devices?

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Posts: 307
Registered: 11-03-2012
Message 2 of 13 (20,396 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

No, only one single instance on this laptop.

Jenishka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 7
Registered: 20-06-2012
Message 3 of 13 (20,390 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

What virus protection are you using on your computer?

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Posts: 307
Registered: 11-03-2012
Message 4 of 13 (20,387 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

Kaspersky

Jenishka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 7
Registered: 20-06-2012
Message 5 of 13 (20,385 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

You have checked both Kaspersky and Windows firewall settings if they were blocking Skypes access?

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Posts: 307
Registered: 11-03-2012
Message 6 of 13 (20,384 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

I disabled both of them and skype still didn't work

Jenishka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 7
Registered: 20-06-2012
Message 7 of 13 (20,381 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

Is Skype running in Compatibility mode?

 

To make sure that Skype is not running in compatibility mode:

  1. Navigate to the following folder.   
    • 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone
    • 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone
  2. Right-click the Skype.exe file and select Properties.
  3. In the Compatibility tab, untick Run this program in compatibility mode and click OK.
  4. Double-click the Skype.exe file to open Skype and sign in.
Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Posts: 307
Registered: 11-03-2012
Message 8 of 13 (20,378 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

nope, no compatibility... :sad:

Jenishka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 7
Registered: 20-06-2012
Message 9 of 13 (20,375 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect

Does Skype crash?

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Posts: 307
Registered: 11-03-2012
Message 10 of 13 (20,373 Views)
Reply

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling