Skype won't accept my mobile phone number for call...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype won't accept my mobile phone number for caller ID.

Hi there,

When I go to enter my mobile number for Caller ID, Sype will not accept it. I get the error message;

"The mobile phone number that you entered is incorrect, please try again."

I am positive I have entered the correct number. Please help.

I have embedded the error below. Thanks!

Jordanpgates1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (5,559 Views)

Re: Skype won't accept my mobile phone number for caller ID.

I am having the exact same problem.  Can someone please help?

dwassum
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (5,416 Views)

dwassum wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.  Can someone please help?

Please contact customer support: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Note: In some cases you can use a live chat with them: http://support.skype.com/en/support_selection

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 3 of 6 (5,413 Views)

Hi there,

When I went to the "View the Reply" and I say TheUberOverLord" had a reply for me I got excited and opened the reply. The reply did not even mention my problem but instead pointed me to 2 links that I believed would address my issue.

Bbut both links provided either brought me to a generic "How can I contact Skype Customer Service?" page or to another generic "Get more help" page both of which did nothing to address my problem.

Could you please try a little bit harder?

Thanks so much.

Jordanpgates1
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (5,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jordanpgates1 wrote:

Hi there,

When I went to the "View the Reply" and I say TheUberOverLord" had a reply for me I got excited and opened the reply. The reply did not even mention my problem but instead pointed me to 2 links that I believed would address my issue.

Bbut both links provided either brought me to a generic "How can I contact Skype Customer Service?" page or to another generic "Get more help" page both of which did nothing to address my problem.

we can only presume that you entered a 10-digit number in the phone number box

we can confirm that area code 503 is valid in the USA, but can only take your word that you followed this with 7 digits -- if not, Skype would likely respond as you see (of course we also understand why you would not want to disclose the exact number)

so, taking you at your word that the number is complete and accurate, then there is no apparent reason why you should get that message, which also means that there is not much else suggest besides contacting Customer Support directly

please note that these forums are for 'communuty' support, and are not an official Skype support channel

I only have one question:

how much time went by after you clicked 'verify' before you got the message?

(I'm wondering if there might have been enough time for Skype to have attempted to send an SMS to that number and to know that it actually failed for some reason)

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 273
Message 5 of 6 (5,396 Views)

Thanks for some very meaningfull questions. I will examine everything and give you the details in the morning. Good night.

Jordanpgates1
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (5,393 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling