Skype will not open

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype will not open

For some reason, my skype will not open up at all. I double click on it, move the mouse to the right hand bottom screen to open up to make the video-call....and it disappears before it opens up. Please help!!!! :sad:

lakez_mommie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,962 Views)

Re: Skype will not open

Try the suggestions I mentioned here;

-community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-Sign-Into-Skype/m-p/118#M16

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1594
Message 2 of 5 (1,950 Views)

Hi, refer to that, maybe u should download a new version Skype, and then re-install, hopefully it can run correctly.

MY SKYPE:daoyanhao

hope it can help u

:happy:

Ginger
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,936 Views)

Topic moved to "Windows".

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1433
Message 4 of 5 (1,923 Views)

One thing that you can try, is to see if the Skype service is running. Start your windows task manager and then look under the Processes tab. Look for Skype.exe If it's running, click on the process, and choose End Task, and hit OK or yes to terminate the task. 

Try launching Skype again. If this works. Uninstall and re-install skype. 

compufirm
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,922 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling