Skype to imo.im calls not working?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype to imo.im calls not working?

Hello everyone.  I am having a problem with trying to voice call a friend of mine who is using the third party web site http://imo.im to access Skype.  I am using the most recent version of Skype, version 5.9  My problem is when I try to call her, when I am on Skype, or if she is trying to call me via imo.im, the call does not go through.  When the call does go through, neither one of us can each other.  I am using a desktop computer with Windows XP and she is using a laptop with Windows XP.  What can be done to correct this problem?

This widget could not be displayed.
Neil
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

imo.im does not support Skype voice calls

View solution in original post
crkcallie
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 16 (21,643 Views)

Re: Skype to imo.im calls not working?

imo.im does not support Skype voice calls
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 2 of 16 (21,616 Views)

Hello and thank you for the information.  I have been able to call her a few times, while she was on imo.im and I was able to get through and hear her and she could hear me just fine. That would make sense, though.  Thanks again.

crkcallie
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 3 of 16 (21,606 Views)

No it wouldn't make sense to that skype didnt support imo but you are able to call sometimes. The response was just to negate blame/responsibility.
draliano
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 16 (20,744 Views)

What is imo.im?

I had some one message me saying they found me threw imo.im. I said I didn't request imo.im. Is it part of Skype. How can strange ppl find me?
Posted from Apple iPad
Larocky
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (19,402 Views)

Please See.

what is imo.im?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6509
Message 6 of 16 (19,400 Views)

I Get Through to my mate while he is using skype and im using imo but he carn't hear me but i can hear him why how do i put my voice on

ICEbReAkEr433
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 16 (15,959 Views)

Skype now blocks imo.im

Terrible

donelsonw
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (8,088 Views)

yeah, this is stupid
whateva
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 16 (7,787 Views)

[ Edited ]

More than stupid...it's --- Microsoft (present owners of skype)  who are rejecting access for IMO's servers.  IMO has stated that it is beyond their control.  Please write a letter of complaint to Skype support that you want access through IMO.

They screw up Win 8, they screw up hotmail, and now they want to mess with access to a service that people already like and know how to use...oh wait, that's what they're doing all over the place now...duh...

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines and
http://www.skype.com/en/legal/etiquette/

That_Guy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 11 of 16 (981 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling