Oki so ive used skype and used 3.x version then had automatic update and ended with 5.x now my problem is that skype takes insane amount of memory,
Skype.exe 52 320 342 kb
What can i do about this problem, this memory only goes straight up starts with 30 000 and then workes all the way up to 320k and more if i let it.
please help me
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:
Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.
6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:
You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:
Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.
These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.
Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?