Skype suddenly will not recognize my turtle beach ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype suddenly will not recognize my turtle beach x12 microphone

[ Edited ]

It worked fine for about 2 days but then, the microphone didn't work. I checked the audio settings and the only time it would "recognize" the mic (The green bar goes up) is when I enabled and disabled the mic in the recording devices area in windows. Any help would be appreciated because this has been driving me crazy!!! Also, in every other app, the mic works fine. 

Specs:

Realtek HD Audio

Turtle Beach x12

Windows 8 (Desktop Client)

Asus Motherboard

AMD Processor

Radeon 7770

8 GB ram

Edit: I also called ECho about 10 times, still nothing. I switched the headset port to mic port and it works for some odd reason but, then I can't hear anything :tongue: So skype thinks my audio jacks are backwards... :sad:

Olangotang
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,415 Views)

Re: Skype suddenly will not recognize my turtle beach x12 microphone

It sounds to me like your headset mic has failed.  Going "green" for a second means that it picked up the noise/grounding of you plugging in your headset.   Test your headset with Windows Sound recorder to see if you can record yourself.  If you have another headset out, or another computer, try that as well.  You can also try the latest Audio driver package from the maker of the computer or Realtek's website.   If there is an issue related to the drivers, that will generally fix it.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1138
Message 2 of 3 (2,400 Views)

Re: Skype suddenly will not recognize my turtle beach x12 microphone

I have the same problem with my PX3 and know 2 other with the same problem. The PX3 mic works with all other applications and it worked fine for a few days with Skype, but I can't get it to work at all with Skype anymore. I cannot be heard on 100% of Skype calls while using this headset. I have called many different numbers with the same result. People who say my mic has failed or not plugged in right simply don't read or understand what I am saying. Since Skype is the main reason I purchased my PX3 I am gonig to return it and use a $20 Logitech headset with wires:sad: and noise cancellation:happy:.

bobrstratton
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,782 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling