My skype stopped working yesterday and I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning up my computer with CC cleaner, run a virus scan, google'd the problem and nothing has helped.
My computer is a Dell N5050 with Windows 7 Home Premium
I got this Application Error "Exception EExternalException in module KERNELBASE.dll at 0000C41F
External Exception E0FAFAFA"
29-11-2013 07:58 - edited 29-11-2013 08:00
Have you tried resetting your local Skype settings/profiles located at %appdata%\Skype (rename Skype to Skype_old)? These files do not get removed during an uninstall due to them housing your local chat logs (main.db). You can always reset it and transplant the old main.db file at a later time when Skype is not running.
29-11-2013 19:21 - edited 29-11-2013 19:23
Since the problem didn't go away with a profile reset, possible issues could still exist with Skype, your browser, or your OS. Try the following to see if anything changes:
1. Uninstall Skype, then download and install the latest version:
2. Run a chkdsk of your C drive (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide
3. Try downgrading or upgrading your current version of Internet Explorer.
4. Run system file checker (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/s
5. Make sure no AntiVirus/AnitMalware/Security or other software you have installed is inhibiting Skype from functioning.