Skype sounds not coming through earphones

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype sounds not coming through earphones

Everything was working fine until the recent automatic update. Now, when I set my Skype's speakers to "Speakers and Headphones", the sound from Skype calls goes through my speakers instead of my earphones. Every single other sound (including other Skype sounds) works fine and goes through earphones, but the sound from calls doesn't. When I set speakers to "Independent earphones", the sounds from calls and all other Skype sounds work fine and go through my earphones, but then all other sounds from my computer go through my speakers. I tried setting it to "independent speakers", then restarting my PC, and the sounds worked fine until I called or received a call. Then, the non-Skype sounds switch to my speakers. If I reset it to "Speakers and headphones", then every single sound goes through speakers until I restart my PC.

goldenchocolate
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,689 Views)

Re: Skype sounds not coming through earphones

I have the same problem - skype people -why do you making these updates if things are going wrong?? on one of your updates word stopped working normally ?
Pablo1235
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (2,566 Views)

Re: Skype sounds not coming through earphones

I just updated to the latest version of Skype and now sound is *always" coming out of my speakers, even when my headphones are plugged in. Skype was working fine until I upgraded it. I know there is nothing wrong with my headphones. In the Tools > Options > Audio menu, I can see the green bars in the "Volume" thingy when I talk into my microphone. In the same menu, when I press the little green play button in the Speaker section, I can hear the sound in my headphones and not in my laptop speaker. But when I place a call, the sound only comes out through the laptop speaker and not through the headphones. I have an HP laptop that is one year old running Windows 7. All my other audio programs play sound only thru the headphones. This is clearly a problem with the latest version of Skype software. I have tried the following solutions: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-makes-music-come-out-of-speakers-instead-... http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Every-time-I-start-a-call-all-sounds-go-through... These do not work. I also rebooted after the Skype software update and that didn't change anything. Arghh! This is so frustrating! Why did I upgrade my skype software?!!
ChromeScooter
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (2,501 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling