Skype slows down computer!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype slows down computer!

Hello everyone!

I really need help I use skype day to day for gaming and family calls I have had to uninstall it as when I open skype it slows down my computer to the point where I can't do anything!

My computer has been fine with it for about 1 year until the other day and now I have to uninstall skype and can't use it, I have checked everything is up to date on my computer I really need some help thanks.

sensuigaming
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (835 Views)

Re: Skype slows down computer!

So after uninstalling everything you still have this problem or it is gone? 

Without any information is like shooting in the dark, but sound like you have some malware on your PC o good clean up proper software and registry fixed should fix it.

As to skype, it is very bad for gaming, takes up lots of resources and bandwidth. Even for me and I have top spec PC. Use team  speak :wink:

Edgar206
Routine Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (821 Views)

No mate, I have checked everything, everything is fine now (my computer)

But I have reinstalled skype again and again and when it opens it is fine, then I log into skype and it freezes my whole computer till I can't do anything.

When I use skype and games it is fine, this just started two, three days ago before then everything was perfect I have cleared everything made sure I have no virus ectect, and it still doesn't work.

sensuigaming
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (816 Views)

I am having similar issues since I loaded the latest skype update about two weeks ago.
jeanmarieok
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (772 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling