Skype says I have no connection

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype says I have no connection

I have been using Skype for a while, I just got a new computer and installed Skype in it. Now everytime I make a call it lasts about 2 min, then says I have no internet connection. It ends the call then says that it still looking for an internet connection when I sign out it freezes and doesn't let me close the screen. I can't seem to find the install for skype beta either. My skype works just fine on my ipod, but I don't want to use that forever.

ktowngvkm
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,008 Views)

Re: Skype says I have no connection

I have exectly the same problem. First the picture of a person talking to me is frozen and then my connection is terminated. Skype says that I should check my internet connection but it works perfectly... any idea what to do with it?

marcin
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (903 Views)

Same here. My Skype client got automatically updated and I started to get "Internet connection" error. Also the new version very annoying. It always open Skype Home window every time I login to Skype.
efurer
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (897 Views)

i have similar problem. when i want to add contact i get message:

''check your connection, you don seem to have an active internet connection, please check your connection and try again''

ofcours i am online clearly

sory for my bad english

dud_i_djordje
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (889 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling