Skype's Mic Volume Changes when other Applications...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype's Mic Volume Changes when other Applications or Games Launch.

It's seem to be a problem recently when I launch games or any other app.

The mic volume changes drasticaly from low to very high and sensitive.

Irritating other in the call, I have to then manually lower the volume. 

The Auto Adjust Setting for my mic is unchecked. When I go to change the recording settings in Windows Sound options, if I lower the levels in that window, the skype volume lowers, if I increase it, it also increases on skype. None the less, the problem seems to be that the mic volume increases without my interaction. Is there a fix to this?

Skrully3D
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (10,030 Views)

Re: Skype's Mic Volume Changes when other Applications or Games Launch.

I have a similar problem with different circumstances. Playing guitar with a friend, he can hear me, but his mic cuts out when he plays, then I cannot hear him. When we talk, there's not problem. But when one of us plays a guitar (even at a low volume) the other's mic cuts out. Any ideas?

dcoffaro1
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (9,730 Views)

dcoffaro1 wrote:

I have a similar problem with different circumstances. Playing guitar with a friend, he can hear me, but his mic cuts out when he plays, then I cannot hear him. When we talk, there's not problem. But when one of us plays a guitar (even at a low volume) the other's mic cuts out. Any ideas?

if you are not directly contributing toward the resolution of original poster's issue then please do not post, even if you think your issue is the same or similar

attempting to hijack existing threads like this is not permitted -- please start your own topic

thank-you

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 327
Message 3 of 6 (9,720 Views)

Skrully3D wrote:

It's seem to be a problem recently when I launch games or any other app.

The mic volume changes drasticaly from low to very high and sensitive.

Irritating other in the call, I have to then manually lower the volume. 

The Auto Adjust Setting for my mic is unchecked. When I go to change the recording settings in Windows Sound options, if I lower the levels in that window, the skype volume lowers, if I increase it, it also increases on skype. None the less, the problem seems to be that the mic volume increases without my interaction. Is there a fix to this?

with Skype open, can you try to open the Volume Mixer option to see if the options below would appear?  There you can control the volume of Skype and the general sound levels of windows audio.

volume 1.png

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1304
Message 4 of 6 (9,718 Views)

i have the same problem, did anyone find out how to fix? whenever i am in starcraft II, then start a game, my mic volume for skype jumps to 100% even though i've turned it down numerous times and i've unchecked automatically adjust on the MIC in Skype. windows 7
enos128
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (8,795 Views)

Hey mate, i know this thread is old and youve probs found a fix, but this thread worked for me. http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3686610847
Hope it helps you too
Cheers :happy:
drubs
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (8,491 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling