Re: Skype: "Error: Unfortunately the Skype executa...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype: "Error: Unfortunately the Skype executable is corrupted. Please re-install"

This happened to me yesterday and I cant seem to resolve it myself so I will be very greatful If somebody can help.

The issue I spotted after trying to instal Holdem Manager 2 (A poker manager that tracks hands and stats for players. ITS LEGAL). The program needs PostgreSQL database.

Any help will be appreciated !

yodomir
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (1,779 Views)

Re: Skype: "Error: Unfortunately the Skype executable is corrupted. Please re-install"

Thank you for the threads but I am with IntelR 82865g graphics controller so I dont think its Drivers for the videocard.

How can I check if i accidently isntalled a keylogger ?

yodomir
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (1,607 Views)

Re: Skype: "Error: Unfortunately the Skype executable is corrupted. Please re-install"

Sorry, but I can’t really tell you how to check if you have installed any keylogger or similar programs. Only you can know what you have installed on your computer.

Concerning the graphics controller, then as you have seen from the mentioned threads, the problem might be related to having both Intel integrated graphic controller and nVidia controller installed on the computer.

Also, if your problem started after installing Holdem Manager 2 software, then you should try to uninstall this software and see if this makes any change. If this is a kind of tracking software, then it indeed may conflict with Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6912
Message 4 of 7 (1,602 Views)

I have uninstalled it when I found out about the problem I deleted also the databases created by the PotgreSQL also the PostgreSQL and still nothing...im afraid of having to reinstal windows which I dont want to do.

Any suggestions are welcome !

yodomir
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (1,595 Views)

Right click on Skype’s desktop shortcut, select Properties and then the Compatibility tab.  Make sure that no options are selected there at all.

If something is really wrong with the Skype.exe file, then you may try to install the latest release – Skype 5.8. You can get it from here:

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2012/02/skype_for_windows_update.html

Also, you can try to use System Restore in order to revert your Windows to time before the issue started.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6912
Message 6 of 7 (1,578 Views)

I will make backups tonight and tomorrow i will try the system restore.

Thank you I will let you know what happened.

yodomir
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (1,565 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling