Skype problem with windows 8 and Shared Internet C...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype problem with windows 8 and Shared Internet Connection

I have a computer with Windows 8 installed. I was happy with Skype until I started to work with hyper-v virtual machines. Skype was only installed in the host I'm not trying to use it from the virtual machines.

One day, Skype showed all my contacts as offline an when I tried to log in again Skype hung in the login screen. I tried uninstalling it, erasing the appdata's Skype directory, reinstalling many times and Skype was able to log in again but it didn't show any of my contacts (only echoXXX without his real name "the sound test service", and I was not able to call it).

I have the same problem with the current version of Skype and with the new beta version.

After some attempts I discovered that the problem appear when I try to share the internet connection. Hyper-v generates virtual network adapters and I have two of them one external and one internal. When I tried to share the internet connection between this two adapters, I was able to provide internet connection to the virtual machines that are connected to the internal virtual network adapter (I need this configuration). Skype have the problem when I enable this feature. I confirmed that when I deactivate the internet connection share, Skype started to work again without any problem.

I can work this way for a while, but I am sure that I am helping to improve Skype by reporting this "bug" that can be reviewed for the next version.

Is this the right place to report this problem?

g4pilut
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

A better place to submit a specific bug report is the Skype developers Jira forum:

http://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/ReportIssue#_Toc268158936

View solution in original post
miguezapata
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,176 Views)

Re: Skype problem with windows 8 and Shared Internet Connection

A better place to submit a specific bug report is the Skype developers Jira forum:

http://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/ReportIssue#_Toc268158936

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1015
Message 2 of 2 (1,156 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling