Skype popups are very annoying!!! How can I disabl...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype popups are very annoying!!! How can I disable these ?

Hello

I am a paying customer.

I do no wish to see any popups with skype offers that jump on my screen (which during the last month started to jump on a daily basis for each of the computers that I use).

This is very annoying, and eventually will cause people to leave Skype for other competitors.

How can I disable this ?

If currently it is not possible - please consider to stop this, or at least give the user an option to cancel it using his preferences, in the next PC Skype's version.

Note that many people are anoyed by this, and only few will make the effort to contact you about this.

Please seriously consider changing this, and pass email this complain to managers for review.

Please update me.

Thanks,
Amit.

amit_al2
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (8,814 Views)

Re: Skype popups are very annoying!!! How can I disable these ?

you can see some suggestions, workarounds, and the discussion regarding the same issue here;

Disabling Skype Home Autostart

moreover, a request was also already passed in the developers' page.  you can check the progress and enter your own comments here;

Skype 5.5 should have an option to disable the Home screen popup in Compact view

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 2 of 8 (8,706 Views)

I agree.  And, to be clear, I don't think the original poster is referring to start up.

Skype runs on my system all day long, day after day.  And, every day a little after 7am it pops open a window to tell me (over and over, day after day) about linking to Facebook.

I too am a paying customer and would really, really like to have a way to turn this off.

This seems more like a bug than a feature.

rjseelbach
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (8,674 Views)

just to clarify, though the title of the threads says skype home @ start up, the discussions there revolve around the overall new behaviour of the Skype Home window, including the one raised by the thread starter and the one you mentioned in your reply.  and there are also several workarounds offered by fellow end users there on how to deal with this issue. :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 4 of 8 (8,658 Views)

I totally agree, especially when you are a paying customer like me. It all started to happen after Microsoft acquired Skype. If they don't stop these annoying pop-ups, they will be loosing a lot of clients!

disclaimer
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (8,551 Views)

Hello,

There is a small tool we developed to solve this problem.

You can see more information by visit the following link :

community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Disable-Skype-Home-autostart-Solution/td-p/138420

Thanks,

http://www.skypehelp.com

Everything about skype
skype-helps
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 8 (8,543 Views)

Ladybbird
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (7,556 Views)

I just uninstald skype and will NEVER install that peace of crap ever again 

full of popups en advertisements that really irritate the hell out of me 

nou i use windows live messenger same funktions better qwality no sucking advertisements and updatepopups when you did NOT ask for them ok  

storz676
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (7,306 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling