Re: Skype on Windows comes then goes

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype on Windows comes then goes

Hello I have been using my webcam with Skype beautifully for about a month. Suddenly yesterday when i went to Skype my video would come on for about a second then will go away and display a black screen. I know my webcam is working because its not having issues when i make videos not using Skype. Please help.

dj_feras
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (447 Views)

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the version number.

What make and model webcam?

If you click on Tools > Options > Video settings, do you see your video there?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1020
Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

windows 7 home premium       the window flys off to the right and remails off the sqreen

mayomellecke1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (394 Views)

mayomellecke1 wrote:

windows 7 home premium       the window flys off to the right and remails off the sqreen

Try this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/can-t-Reach-my-skype-window/m-p/457953/highlight/true#M40748

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5955
Message 4 of 4 (390 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling