Re: Skype on Windows 7 stops sound from working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

jagdipa wrote:

I cannot find the download link for the beta version.

the link, which is http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full-56 can be found here http://blogs.skype.com/garage/

(you might want to bookmark it, because it would appear that it is not particularly easy to navigate to it from http://www.skype.com )

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 11 of 17 (1,282 Views)

I have versions 5.5.0.124 and not only it doesn't work always 100% the way I want if I have skype on a video call and want to open a Youtube video it will cut the video sound. Same if I want to hear online radio and perhaps with all other sounds. I've found a post that shows how to stop Skype from freaking your system sounds. But doesn't work.

Question. Why does skype interfere with my system sounds? It should not have this capability . Is hacking in my system. I want it off.

But hey.. is free so I can't complain about it. Or can I?

alinulms
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 17 (1,064 Views)

All windows settings were fine. Toothpick solved the problem when I put it in headphone socket.
onkar
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 17 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]

of course it's free if you don't pay it for skype calling. people who paid suffer from this consequences. it's ok to complain so they can improve their software. If you don't complain they will never change it. Now 22 April 2012 and still it has problem with sound. when i plugged in earphone, skype suddenly change the output of the sound from earphone to laptop's speaker until the startup's sound completely stopped. and also when i tried exit skype (Quit Skype). Not only that, i noticed, any sounds came from skype changed the output of sound to my laptop's speaker not external speaker (earphone). what is the solution for this ?

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit Professional

Skype Version: Latest Version as 22 April 2012: 5.9.0.114

arafatx
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 17 (909 Views)

Ok I SOLVED it. Just go to:

Tools > Options > Audio Settings (Left Pane) > Ringging > Choose "use selected speaker"
arafatx
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 17 (902 Views)

I am having this same issue. I tried uninstalling skype but that didn't solve the problem. Whenever I shut skype off i hear the call ended sound and everything starts working fine, When i place a call, i hear the sound play but after a few minute everything stops working again.

Krissy_01
Casual Adventurer
Message 16 of 17 (242 Views)

onkar wrote:
All windows settings were fine. Toothpick solved the problem when I put it in headphone socket.

Same issue.

And same thing helped me even before I found your post =)

Windows 7

HP EliteBook 8540p

Seems like HP has problems with headphone sockets. Issue has nothing to do with Skype.

AlexMyr
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 17 (207 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling