Skype on ACER Aspire One D257 - Windows 7 Starter

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype on ACER Aspire One D257 - Windows 7 Starter

warrenl88 wrote:

I have the same problem as above,done the java test and all working fine and I have a 32 bit operating system and can't get skype to work? 

What problem do you have with Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6987
Message 11 of 16 (968 Views)

I got skype not too long ago and I have recently got a netbook and I have managed to log on twice and talk fine on there and then went to log on the other day and it said skype  cannot connect when i logged in, so i thought it was a error with the system so gave up and tryed again today and same problem.

warrenl88
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 16 (966 Views)

warrenl88 wrote:

I got skype not too long ago and I have recently got a netbook and I have managed to log on twice and talk fine on there and then went to log on the other day and it said skype  cannot connect when i logged in, so i thought it was a error with the system so gave up and tryed again today and same problem.

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 13 of 16 (963 Views)

McAfee total protection

warrenl88
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 16 (960 Views)

warrenl88 wrote:

McAfee total protection

You need to configure McAfee’s Firewall to allow Skype traffic or completely disable it.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37324

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Problems-with-Signing-Into-Skype-Message-quot-Skype-can-t/m-p/...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 15 of 16 (957 Views)

Awesome, thank you for your help, it was myfirewall blocking me,up and running again! brilliant!

warrenl88
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 16 (950 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling