Skype not picking up the mic

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype not picking up the mic

[ Edited ]

Hi!

What the topic says isn't entirely true; it DOES pick up the mic, but for people to hear anything at all I'd have to literally scream and even that sounds extremely faint.

Using microphone boost lets skype pick it up properly, but it will be distorted to the point where folk can't hear what I'm saying. HOWEVER, it works perfectly in every other application I've used (TS3, Mumble, in-game voice in a bunch of games etc etc).

I've tried a load of different skype versions ranging from 3.x.x to 6.x.x and it's the same in all of them. Tested with several drivers, other headsets, done clean installs with all of the skype versions I've tried (Removed skypes registry entries, "hidden" folders in appdata and so on), tried both front and back mic port.

Alas, none of it has helped. I've run out of ideas short of a fresh windows install and that's not going to happen. Thus I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

System:

OS:      Windows 7 64-bit (up to date, and most recent drivers for everything installed)

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO (Using the integrated soundcard)

CPU:    Intel i5 3570k

RAM:   16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

GPU:    EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 4gb

PSU:     700w OCZ Mod X-stream

Headset(s):

Razer Chimaera 5.1 headset (It's internal mic volume control set to max)

Also tried with a Steelseries Siberia v2 and a Logitech g35

/Arzosah

Arzosah
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (1,200 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling