Skype not letting me log in! Help Please!! :(

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype not letting me log in! Help Please!! :(

Okay...so after the recent update I tried logging into skype and managed to log in but a few seconds after logging in a window popped up and said that skype wanted internet access. I was stupid and didn't think about it cause I had never had that window pop up before so I clicked block. And now I can't log in at all! Any tips????

srh111189
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (251 Views)

Re: Skype not letting me log in! Help Please!! :(

you can try to disable your Windows Firewall

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off

or you can add Skype to its settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242

visit the page and see the "Enable programs by using Windows Firewall" section.

How do I update my firewall to work with Skype?

How can I update my Windows Firewall settings after reinstalling or upgrading Skype?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6464
Message 2 of 6 (245 Views)

Umm.....I tried the steps for readding it to my firewall and it didn't work. I have windows 7 and I have mcaffee virus protection. I tried the steps to add a new "rule" to my firewall connection settings and it didn't work. :sad: What else do you have up your sleeve to help me overcome this issue??? I will try again to see if it will work. Thanks for your help!

srh111189
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)

try deleting Skype from the list of exclude programs in McAfee and adding it again. 

In McAfeeSecurityCenter >> Web and Email Protection >> Firewall >> Internet Connections for Programs >> Program >> Look for Skype >> Make sure it has Full access using the Edit button.

you can also try switching Netguard off.

How to configure McAfee Personal Firewall to allow inbound connections on specific ports

Which ports need to be open to use Skype for Windows desktop?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 6 (229 Views)

That is okay! Turns out i didn't have to do any of that! I just uninstalled and reinstalled skype. :happy: Thanks for your help! It is working now except now I can't access my pictures that I took before I upgraded my skype. :sad:

srh111189
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (226 Views)

You are very welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 6 (222 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling