Skype not compatible with windows 8?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype not compatible with windows 8?

I have windows 8, and I use skype almost every day, and every time in get out of a skype call, my internet drops, I can't launch any programs, its almost like my computer is just sitting there when I launch a program, none of the programs respond, and I just reset my computer, installed skype, got in a call and hung up, same thing happened. I have to restart my computer every time i get out of a skype call, it is really annoying and its been doing this for a while now, im just fed up with it and want it fixed.

DOWNSBRI000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,746 Views)

Re: Skype not compatible with windows 8?

I too have Windows 8 Release Preview and latest version of Skype installed on my laptop.

Try Below:

In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.

upnp2.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6519
Message 2 of 2 (2,713 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling