Skype messages pending

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype messages pending

This is getting really freaking annoying...

I've had messages pending for over a week now. I've tried everything. Sign in/out. Offline/online. Uninstall/reinstall. Whenever Skype updated itself a few weeks ago is when I started having problems. I've tried on different internet connections. Nothing. Any suggestions?

jakethegreatest
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 28 (37,658 Views)

Re: Skype messages pending

You and the contact you're sending a message to have to both be online at the same time for the message to be delivered.

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 2 of 28 (37,645 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have the same problem on Mac, just made the change to V5 thinking it was a problem with the old V2 version which I preferred on the Mac... Sadly not.
It appears quite random, I find that any of my online contacts may or may not end up with pending messages, kind of defeats the point of an instant messaging system!

ABRE
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 28 (37,451 Views)

Not true that both sender and receiver must be online.

I, too, am having problems with pending messages for some.  However, I am able to get an immediate send to another Skype users who is offline.

I'm on an iMac which seems to be a common thread.  I suspect a recent Skype for Mac update is buggy.

RayBaron
Tourist
Message 4 of 28 (37,353 Views)

Same problem here, using skype 2.8.0.866. Able to communicate with other users, just one group chat is being silent..

iMac, 27-inch, Late 2009

akjamesb
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 28 (37,319 Views)

I have been having the same problem on multiple PC's and on Android from multiple cities.  Something appears to have happened on the Skype network that is causing this.

refarmer
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 28 (37,169 Views)

I have same problem, and also upgrade recently.

jakethegreatest wrote:

This is getting really freaking annoying...

I've had messages pending for over a week now. I've tried everything. Sign in/out. Offline/online. Uninstall/reinstall. Whenever Skype updated itself a few weeks ago is when I started having problems. I've tried on different internet connections. Nothing. Any suggestions?

I have had same problem recently, and I just done upgrade. So the problem may be caused by new version of Skype.

Posted from Apple iPad
Rong5588
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 28 (34,870 Views)

Re: Skype messages pending *** ME TOO!!!

This has been a consistent problem, getting worse over the last 1-2 weeks, especially with one particular contact!  I can't take it anymore.  Something is clearly wrong w/ Skype!  There is either a hacker interfering with this one contact's account, or there is a bug in between us.  His profile pic keeps changing, our friendship doesn't show and it says "pending contact request", and when we're both online, we do not receive each other's messages!  Instead, they just pend!

COME ON, SKYPE!  You suck now that you're owned and transferred to Microsoft servers!!!  FIX IT!!!!

I'm on a Mac, but have also used my PC and the same issues continue!!

ktone08
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 28 (34,434 Views)

Actually, it's not just the new version.  Or at least, not on the sender's side. 5.8.0.1027 on the sender's side, and the newest update on the receiving side is just as bad as having the newest version on the sending side. So whatever's gone wrong with messaging is bigger than the last upgrade for Mac (or bigger than the last upgrade on the sender's side, anyway). 

JFSabl
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 28 (33,916 Views)

Did anyone get an answer to this?  I need HELLLLLPPPPP!!  I can contact some people just fine.  My best buddies are sitting in limbo.  I have tried everything!  The say they are sending me messages and I get nothing except staring at my last messages to them spinning and saying Pending.  I even tried deleting the pending messages.  Any idea if talking to people on your phone AND your computer alternatively is causing any kind of problem?   

PrincessK1201
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 28 (30,949 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling