Skype messages coming in 3 hours late/ Slow startu...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype messages coming in 3 hours late/ Slow startup

[ Edited ]

The title may be partially misleading, as I wasn't sure exactly how to shorten it enough to explain it in the title. Basicly I am talking to a friend, and when they reply, the reply comes in like it was sent 3 hours earlier and appears farther up the list of old messages, thus leaving me to scroll up and down trying to find what the message might had been. This usually happens when the person I am talking to is on her phone, which I think is an iPhone. I'm on the latest version skype.

(if theres a 1-issue-per-thread rule, ill post this part another time and it can be ignored.)

Another issue I have been having is skype is taking quite a long time to "start up". Basicly I can see the menu but there are no contacts listed and the screen seems to freeze, not allowing me to minimze it or interact with it at all. It takes about 5 minutes or so for it to finally boot up completely and let do things.

More system info:

Operating System Version:
    Windows 7(64 bit)

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce 210

Driver Version:  9.18.13.697
    DirectX Driver Version:  9.18.13.697
    Driver Date: 2 Oct 2012

Sound card:
    Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition)

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    Microphone:  Not set
    Media Type:  DVD
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  596378 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  226785 Mb
    OS Install Date: Apr 02 2010
    Game Controller: None detected

(I pulled this system info off of Steams System information tool i'm not sure if its relavent but I see people asking for System specs on most other computer problems.)

kingcole436
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (178 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling