Skype lowers volume of LoL (game) and can't make c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype lowers volume of LoL (game) and can't make calls when it's open.

I play League of LEgends and Skype likes to lwoer it's volume when a call is open. I cannot change it in the volume mixer. It annoy me skype would do **bleep** like that sutomatically without even prompting for it.

Also when LoL is open I cannot make/accept calls. It simply won't let me. If I click call it just blinks and and says the call didn't go through. How do you fix these stupid skype errors?

alex-wilkie
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 16 (13,146 Views)

Re: Skype lowers volume of LoL (game) and can't make calls when it's open.

it's not Skype that is lowering the volume, it is WINDOWS 7
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 314
Message 2 of 16 (13,072 Views)

Then how do I fix it? -.-

Also there's still the problem of skype not making/taking calls with the client open.

alex-wilkie
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (13,067 Views)

just to address one half of the problem, which is Skype lowers the volume of other applications, just enter mmsys.cpl in the RUN command.  Click the Communications tab then select Do Nothing from the list.  Save.

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1651
Message 4 of 16 (13,062 Views)

alex-wilkie wrote:

Also there's still the problem of skype not making/taking calls with the client open.

if this issue only happens when you play that particular game, why do you assume that Skype is at fault and not the game?

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (13,060 Views)

The problem is not with the game. It is with skype. It also happens with other games so it obviously is skype.. Maybe instead you could offer an actual solution instead of making comments that offer to real help whatsoever.
alex-wilkie
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (13,050 Views)

[ Edited ]

alex-wilkie wrote:
The problem is not with the game.

I didn't actually say it was the game -- I asked why you thought it was -- how was I to know that other games are affected?

alex-wilkie wrote:
Maybe instead you could offer an actual solution instead of making comments that offer to real help whatsoever.

I told you that the volume issue was NOT Skype and I was right -- so shoot me for not having the details on how to fix it at hand

have a nice day and good luck with your game

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 7 of 16 (13,040 Views)

That actually did not fix the volume issue. It is always set at "do nothing" so no you were actually not right. Nice try though.

I'm looking for a useful suggestion. Prime mover had the right idea. Simply comming in and saying "It's not skype" then not answering half the question offers to real use at all.
alex-wilkie
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 16 (13,035 Views)

alex-wilkie wrote:
That actually did not fix the volume issue. It is always set at "do nothing"

so why didn't you say so in response to Primemover before then?

oh, I guess you forgot, just like you forgot to mention that multiple games were affected . . .

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (13,021 Views)

or it is possibly because I just tried it then?

Go troll on someone else's topic. No one likes people who just try to grief others.

Also I thought you were leaving?

alex-wilkie
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 16 (13,016 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling